Sunday, 16 November 2008

A Team T-Shirt

I don't know what my fascination is with t-shirts, but I have one! I'm usually the first to say "We could make t-shirts!" So we are on our team retreat in the UAE. In the staff house we are staying in there is a "Community Leftovers" pantry with miscellaneous amounts of pasta, seasoning packets and your odd assortment of vinegars. They are "free" game. Community stuff also includes the various salad dressings and jellies found in the refrigerator. Austin and I love using up free stuff. It must be the combination of our frugal side and a value of letting nothing go to waste.

One of our teammates has an equally strong value of things being fresh; within their expiration dates. So the year and a half old Ranch dressing that Austin and I were enthusiastically using on our salad was cause for concern. She has since sorted through the Community Leftovers stash and has purged things beyond a 3 months expiration cut off. You could say she values things that are "fresh."

Thus the T-shirt idea . . . . "Free and Fresh! Winter Retreat 2008." Beyond the food items, we are having a great time enjoying freedoms we do not have at home. And through Him, we are being refreshed! I thought it would make a great t-shirt!

No comments: