Monday, 1 November 2010

Pictures for Photography class

I'm glad I've stuck with it!!! It was REALLY intimidating the first night, and the class shrunk by 4 people the second night. But I'm glad I've stuck with the class. Elias has been super cooperative, sleeping through most of the classes. So I thought I'd show you some of the pictures I've taken, both for assignments and just for fun.


The assignment was to capture movement. So many times when I take pictures of my kids I'm trying to stop the movement so I get a good shot. I like how this one turned out though. You can see she's loving it!


Now this isn't his land, but everywhere I've ever lived with this man (including the balcony at our Pawnee Apartments) he loves to look out over the land and think. He's a farm boy, through and through.


This one isn't very interesting, but the assignment was to try the same shot with different f-stop settings. All about learning the manual settings.




Some more fun shots from our time at the Pumpkin patch. I love that I caught this loving sibling moment in action. They really are good friends!

I'm really glad I've been able to take the class. I can already tell a difference in my confidence level with my camera. And my eye . . . I'm starting to see shots that I hadn't seen before. Fun stuff!

5 comments:

Erika said...

Fun pictures! I really like the merry-go-round one. And I totally see what was happening with the different f-stops. Your brother has trained me well.

The Bible Study we're doing is just called Ruth. It's by Kelly Minter. It's pretty good. Mostly what I've appreciated is in-depth context it's given me behind the story. That's been insightful.

Priscilla Sapp said...

Great pictures! Glad you have been able to stay with your class.

kellie j. said...

YEAH! way to hand in there! i want you to teach me everything you've learned!

kellie j. said...

that was supposed to be hanG in there. . .

Mendy said...

i like the picture of ethan pulling the wagon with the fog in the background...that's great!