I feel like I should have posted long before now . . . sorry that I haven't. We've been in our city for almost a week and a half. We showed up and the electricity went out. Or at least almost! Since we've arrived, they have been seriously rationing our power. I guess there wasn't much snow this last winter, which means there hasn't been much melt off to fill the dam to then power the country (via hydroelectric power). Everyday the "schedule" has been different. So that leaves you to wonder, "is there really a schedule, or is that my Western mind stretching for something structured and predictable. But even in "the dark" it has been good to be back. It has just meant getting set back up is taking a little longer, and several more steps, than we anticipated.
All that to say, conserving the computer battery and tackeling the list of electricity necessary tasks has kept me from blogging. And in all honesty fun times and some overwhelming ones too have also contributed to the silence.
Some pictures to catch you up:
When I caught them playing! They sure love each other and have such fun together.
My little "duck hunter." It's hard to believe he's almost 7 months.
That's right, we have 2 very loose teeth. (Notice Elli giving her support and encouragement?) Trying to pull them by headlamp. Not quiet ready . . . but soon! Maybe the cast will come off and the teeth will fall out all at once. What kind of fairy would that be? A casted tooth fairy?
Love the pictures! THANK YOU! I have been missing those wonderful faces! But spent some time last night remembering you all while I was awake. Love you!!
Thanks for the pictures and the updates you have posted since your return. The only problem is that reading your blog makes me miss you more!!! Love you!
oh, this does sound challenging. grace. daily. that is my pr for you. that you would live in His grace that He promises is enough for a day at a time. Love the shot of the headlamp tooth inspection. Classic!
Thanks, Jenni, for sharing your story and for the great pictures of your return. We feel we are there with you!! Hope you have beaten jetlag by now and your electricity has returned. Love you!!
Look at Elias! He looks so much older than when you left already! Sitting up and everything! Oh, I'll be showing the girls these pictures tomorrow. Eager to hear about cast and shipment.
Love the pics!! Congrats Ethan on the teeth!! I love pulling my kids' teeth. I guess it's a bit of a strange enjoyment... maybe it's why I can be a nurse. :) I use floss and tie a knot making sure it hooks under the tooth. I count to 3 but pull on 2! Caught a glimpse of your fam on my fridge and lifted you up! Love you guys!
6 comments:
Love the pictures! THANK YOU! I have been missing those wonderful faces! But spent some time last night remembering you all while I was awake. Love you!!
Thanks for the pictures and the updates you have posted since your return. The only problem is that reading your blog makes me miss you more!!! Love you!
oh, this does sound challenging. grace. daily. that is my pr for you. that you would live in His grace that He promises is enough for a day at a time. Love the shot of the headlamp tooth inspection. Classic!
Thanks, Jenni, for sharing your story and for the great pictures of your return. We feel we are there with you!! Hope you have beaten jetlag by now and your electricity has returned. Love you!!
Look at Elias! He looks so much older than when you left already! Sitting up and everything! Oh, I'll be showing the girls these pictures tomorrow. Eager to hear about cast and shipment.
Love the pics!! Congrats Ethan on the teeth!! I love pulling my kids' teeth. I guess it's a bit of a strange enjoyment... maybe it's why I can be a nurse. :) I use floss and tie a knot making sure it hooks under the tooth. I count to 3 but pull on 2!
Caught a glimpse of your fam on my fridge and lifted you up! Love you guys!
Post a Comment