Life has been more than a little full these days. Within the last week we've moved out of over half our house for our landlord to host a party to then move back in again; ripped up a molded and rotting floor out of our children's bedroom; which Austin and E worked hard to replace; Austin has attended 7 hours of language class; attended a 3 hour local party in total darkness (cause the electricity was out) and tried to keep our kids sane; and much more. I also did a BIG canning week; 19 L (that is roughly equivalent to 19 pints) of Bread and Butter Pickles and then 9L of salsa.
So you ask, what success are we celebrating? We all still love each other! The picture is of the kids with all the canned goods lined up and ready to be carried down into our root cellar. Among all the other things of the week, canning in such quantity can be a little stressful. Yes, I'm glad I got the canning done. No doubt it will help this winter when cucumbers and tomatoes are no where to be found. And hopefully I'll be able to share with my friend T whose missed all of the canning season. But more than that, I'm celebrating that my family and I made good memories working together. And we love each other after it all.
3 comments:
I'm celebrating with you!! Way to go! I'm so proud of you and grateful for the memories that you have as a family!
Congratulations on getting through such a busy season! Even more importantly than that, like you said, is doing it and still loving each other well. Thinking of you often, friend.
Ahh family memories. Some of the best ones come from those busy seasons. :) Love you!
Post a Comment