This was our kitchen window the week before Christmas. This window is directly behind our kitchen table and our advent calendar hung right above it. Elli was quite excited for the frost on the window, as we've read several times how Laura used her mom's thimble to make patterns in the frost. Daddy wasn't so excited that with the frost also came consecutive days of the kitchen door freezing shut.
This is our homemade advent calendar. I found a version of it online 2 years ago and we love it. 25 reasons for why Jesus came at Christmas. Everyday has a Scripture passage and a reminder that we hang on the calendar. The kids really got into it this year, I think they were a little older which helped in the understanding.
On a random after-Christmas run to Wal-Mart in 2008, I bought 6 matching stockings on sale. Isn't that wild! This year I took them to a local seamstress and she embrodiered our names on them. How fun to have a little touch of Central Asia on our stockings. Her response was quite comical as I explained what I wanted her to do: "Your family only wears one sock? You all wear the same size?" No, we put treats in the socks (which in and of itself is a gross thought).
Baby E's stocking is ready. Though we are pretty settled on the name, we decided to wait until he actually arrives.
1 comment:
What a gift to have matching socks! And they are so beautiful. Those will become special treasures and will always illicit special memories! Way to go!
Post a Comment