Monday, 6 February 2012

Ready for a haircut!

One thing about my dear husband that I still can't understand, after almost 10 years of marriage, is his appreciation of a good mullet.  He describes it as the "business in front and party in the back" hairstyle.  Curls or a pony tail peaking out behind the back of a ball cap, just has some sense of appeal to him.  All I know is that it is God's grace that I didn't know him when he wore such a hairdo (in high school).  I think it would have posed grave ramifications on the future of our relationship.  Maybe it's just an American culture thing I can't quite connect with.

All that to say, Elias is growing quite the mullet.  His hair is so fine, his first hair cut will need scissors; buzzers won't "cut it."  I didn't pack scissors for this time of in-between living and the thought of a local barber, which can be quite rough, sounds somewhat traumatising. 


Sporting his shaggy do and Daddy's shoes (a fun new fascination).

Notice the hair hanging well over the back of his collar!

So, in the meantime, the mullet grows.  Maybe Aunt T will have some scissors and we can trim these golden locks when we get to Turkey.  Luckily, Daddy's not opposed. 

1 comment:

David said...

Great mullet, Elias! Don't let them even think about cutting that thing, little bro...