Sunday, 23 June 2013

A concert!

For a fun mother daughter outing, Elli and I went to a concert of our favorite local artist; Nagina!  For the K-State readers, the concert was in a room the size of Forum Hall.  But it was packed out well over capacity.  Apparently children, up to an unclarified age, don't need their own ticket.  So almost ever seat had another on their lap.  There was no air conditioning and we were the second concert that day; so it quickly got very hot!  But it sure was a fun time!  And a sweet memory.


The pictures aren't the greatest, as I only took our phone.  I didn't want to be the tourist with the big camera.  But in hindsight it probably wouldn't have mattered.  It was so fun to join in alongside local friends.  Without planning, we were on the same row as members in our local host family; a sweet sister; and the lady who does my eye brows.  What fun to just be one of them.

Elli hasn't stopped dancing since the concert.  She's really getting good and her confidence is growing.  We've already packed our DVD of her music videos, so we can dance with our friends/cousins in America. :)  Throughout the concert little girls, dressed in their pretty new dress for the year, brought flowers to the artist.  Many of them would then take the opportunity to dance behind her while she kept singing.  I told Elli, we'll bring flowers for the next concert and she can do some dancing! 

Nagina, a native of our village town, is growing  in popularity.  Obviously a concert in her home town was packed out and she was very warmly received.  The tickets were quite expensive, at the equivalent of $10 each.  And come to find out, she lip-synced the whole concert.  Local friends weren't disappointed, "how could she sing and dance in that kind of heat?" was their logic.  I was a little disappointed, joking that I have the DVD, if I want to just watch her sing to a recording. 

So glad we were here for the concert and that we have this special memory.

1 comment:

Priscilla Sapp said...

What a special memory for Elli! Way to go Mom!