Our first picking was a little late, the corn was over ripe. I don't know much about growing corn, but my "farm boy" husband advised me that it didn't pollinate well either. But from the excitement of our family, and the way we downed it at dinner time, you would not have known anything to be lacking.
Zeke's naps were all messed up on this day and he was exhausted. But he was determined to enjoy every last bit! (I hope you can get the video. YouTube continues to be a "hit and miss" thing here, so I gave it a valiant effort, in hopes you'd get some good chuckles from it!)
It all seems fitting. My heart has been heavy for a harvest. A harvest of hearts. To continue to live among hard hearted people who care nothing for what I love the most, grows wearisome. As I boiled the first batch of corn, Father impressed on my heart to ask for a "transplanted harvest." A community of His people is not the norm here, but really as "strangers and foreigners" we aren't supposed to be the norm anywhere. The harvest may not look as I envision; there may be gaps and small ears and parts that show poor pollination. But isn't that how He works; "taking the foolish things to shame the wise." My heart, my character, still shows areas of lacking. That is why His continued work of transformation in me is so sweet. But the feast, where we all sit together and celebrate His harvest in and around us, that will be a sweet day. I guess much like a Thanksgiving feast. Ask with me that He would add to our number around that table!
3 comments:
Love your thoughts, Jenni. And that video...so fun that you caught that!! I will show the kids tomorrow, they will be thrilled. Love you friend and I am praying for a harvest (in whatever form He brings it) with you.
GREAT video! Loved how much Zeke loved his corn! Love your processing and we are here standing with you on that!
:)
Post a Comment