The Samboosas are similar to Samoosas I ate growing up in
Wednesday, 29 April 2009
Samboosa Day
Today, I spent much of the day with the women of our family, daughters and aunts included, making Samboosas. It was fun to not only be welcomed into the actual process, but also to be called on whenever we did something new so I could get pictures! They’ve already figured out I enjoy taking pictures and they definitely enjoy having them taken.
The Samboosas are similar to Samoosas I ate growing up inAfrica . Yet they are without the spice or flavorings. The dough was flacky, almost like a phylo dough. At one point I asked Kaleen if she had called people and let them know that we were making samboosas, as the women just kept coming to help out. She laughed and said that she hadn’t called anyone but “Thanks be to God” that they came. We had a lot of fun cooking today.
The Samboosas are similar to Samoosas I ate growing up in
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment