Saturday, 23 October 2010

Our first out of town trip

What a fun day today was!!! We traveled to Manhattan for a fun shower Erika (my pregnant sister-in-law) put on for us. What fun to see and connect with people we haven't seen in years. It was sweet to get to hug numerous kiddos that have arrived and grown in the years we've been away. Thanks Eeka for a very special day!!!

And we got to see my brother and sister-in-law's house that seems to be getting so close to being finished. Nate, thanks for dropping in, even after a full day, just to meet Elias and give hugs. Blessed me big time!!!

And then it was off to Abilene for some yummy Brookville fried chicken and a picnic with Dave, Laurie and their precious girls to celebrate Dave's birthday. That will be a special memory!

Bummer I didn't take a single picture the entire day. I think just the traveling with 3, figuring out when and where to nurse Elias, etc took most of my attention. I'll be honest, I'm a little overwhelmed by the road trips that await us when we get back home. But we have some time to sharpen our traveling skills before we get there.

1 comment:

Erika said...

I didn't have our camera either...bummer. :( But I sure had fun being with you all that day.