Monday, 20 April 2009

A new pot!!!

It’s crazy the things you quickly get accustomed to using without even realizing it. Within the first couple of days in our first home, I was using a pressure cooker. And quickly I began using it for everything from a one pot meal in less than 20 minutes to perfectly crisp fresh green beans. Everyone there uses pressure cookers.


This is the pot I learned to used in our first home

Nobody here even knows what a pressure cooker is. But when we were here in February, I saw a couple lone pressure cookers at a large bazaar. I was praying that they would still be there when we got back. So today I ventured out with the kids to find one. There were a couple versions from Turkey, but they didn’t look like they would last very long at all. But we did find a kind saleswoman, amused by my accent (in their language) and eager to help us. She rummaged through her back store room and pulled out a great pot from Germany. I splurged and went for the extra nice pot and Austin has added it to the list of things we’ll take with us if we have to move again.


My upgrade
This mama is so happy to have a tool I know how to use when cooking from scratch in the third world!

3 comments:

Vik said...

yeah - that pressure cooker looks awesome!!! I'm so glad you found it:)

Priscilla Sapp said...

I'm so glad that you were able to get an UPGRADE! You deserve one!!

Jessica said...

I love mine! We'll have to do a pressure cooker idea swap.