I think we were all of 10 rows from the very top of this stadium. It is built on such an extreme angle, that there were points I didn't feel like I could stand up and not fall forward. I thought surely hiking up all those stairs would throw me into labor. No such luck!
Who knew that 10 years ago, when I was making eyes at Austin, flirting with every hi-5, that I would be married to the man and about to have his 3rd baby? As Austin said, "That's what happens when you marry a K-State fan, he brings you back pregnant for the games!" It was a fun memory to make and fun to remember together.
It was an all out family affair! The 2 pregnant mamas enduring the heat together, all to cheer on our Wildcats.
After the game, we drove back to Wichita, arriving at 10 p.m. All day Sunday I was at a retreat for married women living overseas. Monday we left bright and early for McCune and more great family time. We worked together sorting through some of the things at the old house and spent a lot of time just being together. Unfortunately I didn't get pictures of that time. We made it back to Wichita Tuesday afternoon, to give Ethan some time to gear back up for school.
So at my OB appointment I confessed to my Dr. that I put in almost 600 miles this weekend; that I had failed to stay "close to home." His response was great: "You should have told me, 2 of my nurses were at the game. That probably would have brought you some peace of mind!"
So at my OB appointment I confessed to my Dr. that I put in almost 600 miles this weekend; that I had failed to stay "close to home." His response was great: "You should have told me, 2 of my nurses were at the game. That probably would have brought you some peace of mind!"
6 comments:
That picture of the girls at Jon is precious! =) Cute pictures!! Looks like a fun time!
Erica
I guess when you're on your third, rules like don't go too far from home aren't taken quite so literally? you are funny! what a brave woman! i can't imagine being in the heat and prego! We were at the Pitt State game that same day I think!
What fun memories! Won't forget climbing those stairs with the best mothers of my grandchildren! You ladies were troopers! I bet those kids will be KSU fans because of it!
wish i could have seen you! we were just a few sections away in the stadium. great pictures!
Love the pictures! Tomorrow is the 13th - the doctor due date, right?? We are PRAYING and hope to make a trip to Wichita soon!
That's right, the 13th is the first due date. It kind of sucks having 2 due dates. :) Hope to see you in Wichita really soon!!! Love ya.
Post a Comment