Saturday, 25 September 2010

For those waiting with us!

Just in case you are checking in frequently hoping for pictures of a little chubby newborn . . . we are still waiting!

I went to the Dr. last Thursday for my 41 week 3 day/40 week appointment (depending on which due date you are tracking with). Grandma Vickie was in town and watched the kiddos so that Austin could come with me. I'm so glad he was there, as during our pre-appointment sonogram we found out our little guy is breech. Technically he is transverse, lying sideways in my uterus, and footling breech, with his two feet as the most presenting part to be delivered. Sure helps me understand why we haven't made much progress, there's nothing pushing down to help change happen.

And I'm so glad that I didn't do the castor oil. Had it started up labor, we would have ended with a c-section, as this baby isn't in position to meet the world, yet.

Please pray with us that he'll move head down!!! Baby scored 8/8 on his test, so he's healthy and Dr. is willing to wait for him to turn. I've gone to a chiropractor who does a technique (Webster technique) to help in turning the baby. And will probably go for several more adjustments next week.

So the marathon of pregnancy continues. Thanks for checking in. Next Thursday afternoon we go back in for another sonogram and appointment. I'm definitely in the days of perseverance building character.

1 comment:

Em said...

I'm following and waiting for chubby newborn pictures!! I'll be praying that baby Amershek turns soon. I've got three weeks left in my pregnancy and can't IMAGINE going through this!! Love you! Emily :)