Wednesday, 1 September 2010

August and up-to-date!

August began with a 3 day get-away to Kansas City. Our kiddos stayed with my folks, while we enjoyed the opportunity for leisurely connect time. With the amount of energy our kiddos pack in, it doesn't feel like much of life is at a leisurely pace. It was a great time of connecting before we add another to the mix!

And there's our 3rd . . . growing day by day. Elli's demonstrating her "rock-star" pose!

My 2 little helpers, helping me scrub down the bassinet for baby brother!

The recovered and finished project. I plan to do a whole crib set, like I have for the other 2, once we get back home. So in the meantime, I've satisfied my nesting energies with re-vamping the bassinet that all Amershek babies, except Elli, have slept in. To me that's fun! What I've previously agonized over with the other 2, we quickly decided on in a matter of a 30 minute trip to Hancock Fabrics. A remnant with just the right amount of fabric . . . jungle theme with greens and blues it is!

The first Friday of school, Ethan brought home a Twinkie school bus, complete with wheels (not pictured) and the red tail light. Not the fan of chocolate, he opted to save it to bring home to his sister. Who, as you can see, was THRILLED. They sure do miss each other.

The cousins at the bridal brunch, my mom and I hosted for Lynelle. Erika and I joked that putting us on the end only benefited the Penner sisters! A fun wedding weekend. The first time I've gotten to sing with my brother and sister-in-law since . . . I can't remember when.

Pregnant together with our 2nd born girls. I was around 33 weeks and Eeka would have been about 3 1/2 months out. (I think)

Pregnant together again. This time we're having a boy and they're having a girl. Eeka's 19 weeks and I'm . . . about ready to pop!

"Ill-laid plans" isn't that the saying. Why is it that I get these super cute ideas and dreams in my brain and fail to factor in reality; the reality of tired kids in high-stress, high expectation situations. My sister-in-law and I thought it would be so cute to make matching dresses for our girls to wear to my cousins wedding. This shot only captures one of the many melt-downs. Bless Malia's heart, Aunt Jenni tried to take her cup away for the picture and the tears ensued. Elli begged to take her dress off for much of the evening and the matching hair bow miraculously made it in this photo, since she admittedly refused to wear it the rest of the time. Maybe we'll try again in say 5 years!

6 comments:

Life Is Crazy Beautiful said...

Oh my goodness! I've been so bad at keeping up...I didn't even know you were expecting again :) Can you send me contact info (I have a contact form on my blog) PBC (Derby) may be needing an update from your family. Thanks, you look great!! Lisa Beets

Brown Apples said...

so good to see what you guys have been up too! I would love to see you while you are here- it has been FOREVER! alldolleupblogger@yahoo.com. The family is adorable!!!

Priscilla Sapp said...

Love the pictures and can't wait for the baby! Don't ever stop dreaming! There is plenty of reality to deal with.

TheHappyNeills said...

you're looking great still!

so fun to see a pic of the girls and their bows. the dresses are adorable! thanks again for your bow order!

Cooky Kuter said...

Jenni,

Loved all the pictures. In one of them, you look just like the little Jennifer I remember in Zambia. Great memories!! Praying for the safe delivery of #3. Your family is beautiful!! Love you.

Hope said...

you look wonderful, jenni! am praying regularly for you.

hope h.