Tuesday, 21 July 2009

A potty chair

Today I bought my little girl a potty chair. I can’t believe that we’re starting this with Elli, but it seems like it could be a near future event. She’s telling me when she has “poop-poop” and she loves to go in the bathroom and pretend to use the potty like brother does. Since I don’t want her peeing standing up, I thought I’d start coaching her now.


They have the little plastic chairs at the bazaar too, but they aren’t very sturdy and since she’s still quite short I was scared she’d topple it over when trying to get on it. This is the squatty potty version and she’s pretty good at squatting on it.


She was really excited to sit on it.


And then wanted “Puppy” to go potty.


And the potty even has a handy dandy carrying handle.

I'll keep you posted on any potty progress. I'm not planning to be too intense about it; don't really have the time or energy to be. But if she wants to train herself, I wouldn't argue either! :)

2 comments:

Nate Sapp said...

The one where she's sitting on the potty looks just like Ethan! I'm thinking of starting Josie, too, actually. She copies everything Malia does.
Erika

Priscilla Sapp said...

You know that my little girl was potty trained before she was 2 years old. Maybe Elli will be too.