Friday, 12 February 2010

Enjoying our applesauce

In effort to keep looking for the gravy in the not so ideal of circumstances, we opened one of our 2 liter jars of homemade applesauce. It's really yummy and has added a greatly missed element of "freshness" to our meals as of late. Ethan's response at dinner:
"Thank you padvol!" (Russian for "root cellar" where the applesauce and other treats are stored).

Needless to say it was mom who made and canned the applesauce, it was just the padvol that kept it for us!




Some pictures of my far from glamorous and honestly kind of creepy padvol. Creepy just cause I know there are probably some "friends" that come and go through my root cellar. But it holds great applesauce! :)

6 comments:

Priscilla Sapp said...

So glad for the applesauce goodness in the middle of your circumstances. What a proverbs woman!

Erika said...

What are in those big jars, I can't tell...peaches? cherries? how did you can those in regular jars???
You are super-woman, girl!!
Love you.

kellie j. said...

uh, have i told you lately how amazing you are? to know the secret to contentment in every circumstance. love you friend. wish i could take you to my grocery store. . .

Les said...

proud of you girl!!

Jenni said...

The regular jars are what I can my jams, pickles, salsa and tomato sauce in. They're really easy to do and I just save them as I empty out what I've bought. Heat is the key element to the process; hot/sterile jars and boiling contents to fill them. Fill, seal, flip upside down for 5 minutes, and they should be good to go!

Cooky Kuter said...

Jenni, so glad you look for the gravy in everything!! You listened well to your Dad!! Love all the pictures of your beautiful kids too!!