You know you are ready to return to the States when your stash of American make-up has run dry. I'm not very particular when it comes to the make-up I use. The only reason I brought make-up along was because I knew my fair skin would be hard to match in Central Asia. I was partly right. I tend to be much fairer than my Central Asian friends. But, Aobistani women want to be pale. So the powder is very pale. Blush on the other hand is next to impossible to find, because they want to be pale. One store I went into today only had 2 shades of very bright pink.
But I did have success. I found blush (included in a pack of wild 80's colored eyeshadow), powder and a face wash for less than $5.00. Granted, the quality of make-up would match the cosmetics available at any Dollar Tree, but it will hold me over for the last 5 months. The face wash was my most expensive and most exciting find. The tube of face wash I just finished was men's face wash; I think. It smelled like "Brut" and left me feeling less than feminine. But how was I supposed to know, everything is labeled in Russian and I know NO Russian. So when I came home and immediately washed my face today, I was pleasantly surprised by the lovely fruity smell complete with face scrub "granules."
I feel like a new woman.
2 comments:
really? you've been washing your face with something that smells like brut? you constantly remind me of how blessed i am (hope that doesn't sound bad). matt's mom is bringing me clinique as i am mostly out now (but thankfully it hasn't come to the point of man-wash). :)
I'm grateful for how you have learned to be content with what you have and how you can make something (a party) out of nothing! You challenge me!!
Post a Comment