Tuesday, 23 March 2010

In the meantime!

Sorry such a long silence after my desperate cry for help! Thanks for praying. After 2 days in bed; a hot water bottle as my constant companion; a night's rest with one really awesome muscle relaxant (THANKS Sarah!); Lynelle's helpful stretches and your prayers. . . I'm up on my feet and back to my old self. Whether while I was down and out, during the days of catch up after feeling better; or over the weekend during the local New Year (welcoming spring) holiday . . . life goes on.

On the day my back hurt the worst, I sent Ethan to go and buy our lunch from a neighbor who makes one of the local snack foods and sells them out of her home. Most often her 12 year old boy sells them in the bazaar. They are very similar to a bierock; except with a potato and onion filling. Ethan was so proud of his big boy task. Apparently, she was making them while he waited. As she went to brush the tops with oil (fresh out of the oven), Ethan confidently explained "for my family, oil is awful/gross." She just laughed and finished brushing the tops. He came home and explained he had tried to tell her not to do it, but she didn't listen. Such a health conscious little guy! I guess he's caught on to all our talk of the excessive use of cotton seed oil. Little ears are always listening!

2 comments:

Priscilla Sapp said...

Glad you are better and I'm so proud of Ethan! Such a good helper!

Erika said...

What an impressive helper!! Did he say all that in native language or English??
So glad you're out of bed and feeling better.