I’ve been amazed at how little is wasted. Thought you’d get a kick out of where everything goes:
Trash:
• If it’s burnable and relatively clean, it goes in the tandoor oven to wait for the next nan making day. This includes all packaging, old boxes they get from the bazaar, etc.
• A container of any kind is reused. Currently an old Pringles can is my salt shaker.
• Peels or most food waste is given to the sheep. Exluding citrus & onion peels which are either dried or thrown out.
• Diapers: Elli’s the only one that wears them. I have yet to follow “Bobo” (Grandpa) to find where he takes the bag of unburnable trash.
Water:
• Clean water is used for washing dishes, clothes, hands.
• After the water has been used, water with soap residue is thrown in a bucket. Once the bucket is full, it is dumped into the “ju” that runs through the front of every neighbors yard, with an unknown destination
• Used but not too soapy water, is used to either thrown on the dust before sweeping the sidewalk, or given to the sheep.
Who knew so much could be used out of what I used to throw down my garbage disposal (minus the diapers of course!)
1 comment:
I love it! My environmental self is celebrating! I love how creative you get when you really have to consider where your trash is going to end up!
Post a Comment