Monday, 25 May 2009

My first spa day!

Today I had my first Aobistan facial. One of my most heard compliments is that my skin is “super white.” After being out in the sun today (just doing life, not lying out), Kaleen was concerned that my skin was turning black; maybe a little pink but I wouldn’t go as far as black. She pulled out some white creamy milk product and sought to convince me that it would take the sunburn out and return my “milky white skin.”


After much protesting, I went along with it just to see her reaction. She loved it. I was instructed to leave it on for 10 minutes until it hardened.

Grandma was visiting her new grandson today. Life is always a little slower and low key when she’s gone. So to finish of my spa day, Kaleen and I took a nap out on the “cot” in the great spring breeze. I slept so hard, that the 10 year old daughter not only got Elli up after her nap, but cleaned Ethan up after he went to the bathroom. All without my knowing it. I told her she has truly become my children’s older sister.


I am so blessed to have this dear friend. In such a short amount of time we have grown a friendship where we can laugh, work and cry together. A true gift!!!

2 comments:

greenpastamomma said...

What a precious story. I love it that you got a good nap in! Probably some of the best sleep you've had in a while!

Priscilla Sapp said...

Jenni, you are beautiful! Grateful for the good friend.