Thursday, 21 January 2010

"I sure hope I'm pregnant"


We're nearing our return to the States after living overseas for over 3 years. And at the end of that kind of time frame, your choices of new entertainment are running slim. Anticipating a winter with little electricity, we decided not to buy a season of either LOST or NCIS (our 2 shows) on i-tunes. We've had more power than we anticipated, but we're holding to our decision. I'll be honest, there are days my self-control wanes. So last week, Austin and I were glued to "Lonesome Dove." That's right, the Cowboy classic.

As I sat on our bed weeping over Gus leaving Lori in Nebraska, knowing he'd probably never come back I caught the very concerned look of my husband. "He was the first person to value her as a person and not just a prostitute" I said between sobs. Austin just sat silently as we finished the movie. After I had time to gather myself and realized what I had been weeping over I told Austin "I sure hope I'm pregnant!"

So needless to say, we were excited to find that my emotional state is hormone based and not due to the presence of other emotional issues!

4 comments:

Erika said...

That picture just cracked me up!! Lonesome Dove. I think I remember my dad watching that. Love you!

Les said...

So is that an announcement!?

Jenni said...

I guess between this and the "So excited" post on 1/17, we'll call it an announcement! I'm sure I'll keep announcing just to keep it feeling real! :)

mk said...

I am laughing out loud just picturing you sitting there sobbing and Austin wondering, "Oh no. What is happening to my wife??!!"