It was October and we were living in our friends E&J's house while our bedroom door was being built. If you remember, that process took longer than expected, like many construction projects do. "Camping" of sorts, in someone else's home with 2 active kids and it was just starting to get cold. Anyway, there were several mornings I woke up a little overwhelmed with the ever present demands of my two little kiddos. In hopes of providing some comic relief, one morning Austin (on his way out the door) said:
"Honey, I forgot to tell you that the SB church around the corner has just started a Mom's day out. You should drop the kids off and have a morning to yourself."
"Ha, Ha, Ha" I replied. "If you could just let them know I'm running a little late, and that I'll be the mom driving a minivan with my hot cup of Starbucks coffee (cause honestly these are the "comforts" that some days I really long for)!"
In Jim, Dave and Laurie's suitcases were countless bags of Starbucks coffee. THANK YOU!!! And on the bag . . .
You can beat that I am saving my empty bags and am looking forward to some fun Starbucks runs.
And then this last week, we heard from some dear friends in Salina, that they have accessed a 2002 Ford Windstar minivan that we can use during our 8 months in Kansas!!! Austin was excited by the generous provision, I was ecstatic!!!! I get to drive a minivan. For 8 months, I get to be a "real" stay-at-home mom and drive a minivan (instead of just pushing my minivan stroller).

5 comments:
how exciting! Congratulations guys and I truly am excited for you as you plan for your stateside time. Any plans yet on where you will be staying?
YEAH! For 3 kids! IT's a whole lot of crazy fun! Glad you are joining the fun! (although we are still cramming in our SUV- dakota says he sits in the "trunk"!)
YAY! Congrats! So you'll be in the States for the birth, right? That's really fun for you guys!
I think we're going to need a 15 passenger van when we get there. :)
Looking forward to time together and the 3rd Amershek baby! What fun to think and dream.
fun post! so excited to see your growing family!
Post a Comment