Saturday, 2 January 2010

Feeling a little blue

Some big things seem to be happening back in Kansas.
2 of my dear cousins have gotten engaged, 4 days apart from each other. Aren't they both just gorgeous!

My Grandpa has undergone pretty intensive surgery on his head and is in the ICU.

I think after having a lot of friends from home; hearing stories and catching up on the lives of so many; having a much more current idea of what is happening in the lives of people we know, love and miss; in the coming down off of it all, it just has me really homesick. We're starting to make plans for our time back in the States, starting some time in July. I'm sure those recent conversations have only further contributed to the pulls at my heart. Ask that I would have energy for the fight to keep my heart and mind here.

7 comments:

Jessica said...

sure love you, friend. I'll be praying.

Erica said...

I'm sorry and will be thinking of you guys.

As far as the fun fabric. I love it! If you are looking for patterns check out Etsy.com. Most of the patterns are pdf files they just email the patern to you once you purchase it, and you print them out.

Priscilla Sapp said...

We will remember and know your pain intimately. That is the hardest part of the separation. May you see opportunities that blow your socks off as your heart yearns for family!

Erika said...

This makes me really sad. :( I sure wish I could take away that homesickness. I will pray for you 4.

Sandie said...

praying for you. Hugs, Sandie

Lynelle said...

We miss you here too! Thinking about you and praying for you guys! Love you!

The Campbells said...

I got tears in my eyes as I read this. Sorry to hear about your sadness, friend. Will be praying for you.